What is S.H.O.C.K.
• S.H.O.C.K. is educating youth regarding their choices and consequences for those choices.
• S.H.O.C.K. is law enforcement taking a leadership role by partnering with community based organizations reaching out to make a difference with youth in our communities.
• S.H.O.C.K. is building a strong relationship between law enforcement, community based organizations schools, and families so youth can make positive choices.
• S.H.O.C.K. is prevention through intervention and education in an effort to break a cycle that has no future.
• S.H.O.C.K. is changing the perceptions youth have toward themselves, parents, law enforcement, and the community, by working with them one-on-one to foster positive relationships.
• S.H.O.C.K. is informing today’s youth that we care and are addressing the challenges which influence their quality of life within our communities.
Learn more about our youth diversion program
Who could benefit from S.H.O.C.K.?
S.H.O.C.K. is a structured program for juveniles who demonstrate risky behavior and are at risk of entering the criminal justice system.
This program encourages juveniles to pursue a better path by providing them with incentives, motivating them through positive reinforcement and encouraging them to participate in team building activities.
S.H.O.C.K. is an 8-week program. If you would like to refer an at-risk juvenile, click on the link provided.
COVID-19 RESPONSE: The start of SHOCK Class #20-1 has been delayed. *Due to the fluid nature of this crisis, future classes may be delayed or cancelled. For now, we are accepting online referrals and are processing them as quickly as we can, with limited staffing. We kindly ask for your patience since our response times will be delayed for the foreseeable future.